Thursday, August 5, 2010

Zucchini Meatloaf and Zesty Zucchini Skillet

We have an abundance of zucchini and squash from the garden this year.  I knew I wanted to do something with zucchini for dinner tonight, so the other day I looked through one of Mom's cookbooks for zucchini recipes.  Two recipes caught my eye...Zucchini Meatloaf and Zesty Zucchini Skillet.

The funny thing about meatloaf is, everybody thinks their recipe is the best.  They have a family recipe that has been handed down from way back when, or they kinda make up their own recipe.  Whatever the case, I like meatloaf.  I'm not big on saying that one is better than the next.  There are so many different ways to make meatloaf.  So maybe that's why the Zucchini Recipe caught my eye.  It was a way to use zucchini and a different way to make meatloaf.

I used ground beef, grated zucchini, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, beef broth, salt, milk, and an egg.  Mixed it all together and shaped it in a loaf on a baking dish.  The I cooked it for about an hour while I was preparing the vegetables for the other dish.

For the zucchini skillet I used zucchini, onion, carrot, green onion, and celery.  I cooked the veg in a skillet until they were tender, then added some garlic salt, basil, oregano, and salsa.

I also made mashed potatoes.  I think everything turned out pretty good.  Oh, and I made caramel pudding yesterday.  We ate that for dessert.

It's always fun to have friends over to eat your food.  So the other day I invited Ruthie and Reiley to come over for dinner since they are usually bored at their house while Loren is at school.  That was cool.

Currently Listening

20,000 Ghosts
by The Rocketboys

No comments:

Post a Comment