Sunday, August 22, 2010

Carrot Cake 2.0

Today I made another carrot cake.  This time I used the tried and true recipe that comes from my Grandma Schrock's collection.  I must say, it turned out astronomically better.  I didn't use the mixer, unlike last time, and mixed everything by hand.  I think that played a big part in it too.  I did not over-mix it and it did not get too heavy.  Also, this recipe called for a cream cheese frosting, instead of a glaze like the other recipe.  So there was no glaze soaking into the cake and making it soggy.  So much better.


Sister-in-law Naomi, the "cake lady," frosting the cake
Mom cutting the cake
The cake

Currently Listening
Page Avenue
by Story of the Year




1 comments:

Joyce St John said...
AWWWW that looks so good! I just showed it to Grandma (she's here visiting Lisa in Washington with me) and she was delighted to see your blog and your Mom and Noami on here. You made our mouths water for good carrot cake!.

No comments:

Post a Comment