Monday, August 16, 2010

Baked Mac and Cheese / Roasted Veggies with Basil Pesto

The other day Mom said that something she has never mastered yet is Baked Macaroni and Cheese.  So that put me on a mission to find the perfect Baked Mac n Cheese.  I found a recipe for it in a cookbook that I have, Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2009.  It called for elbow noodles, lots of cream and milk, a bit of nutmeg, salt and pepper, sharp and extra sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack cheese, and some cream cheese.  It had a very good taste, but wasn't quite how Mom and I were wanting it to be.  It was kind of dry and the cheese a bit curdled or something.  I think that is how a lot of baked mac and cheese dishes get.  However, we want a creamy version.  So I looked online for some recipes.  I found two.  So my mission sometime soon will be to make them and see how they turn out.

I also made Roasted Vegetables with Pesto Sauce.  I cut up carrots and sweet potatoes and roasted them for about 45 minutes.  Then I added sliced squash and cabbage and roasted it some more until the veggies were all soft.  Then tossed it all in some of the basil pesto that I had made earlier.

I hate Verizon Wireless.  I had taken some good pictures of the food with my phone, but then couldn't send them to my e-mail address because Verizon messed my phone up.  It's a long story but I could send them earlier today and now I can't.  I had to take some pics of the leftovers with Janina's digital camera.  So the food doesn't look as good as it would have with the other pictures.  Dumb Verizon!



Currently Listening
The Narrow Scope of Things
by Embodyment

No comments:

Post a Comment