Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stuffed Banana Peppers and Pasta

So I helped come up with a dinner special for Friday evening at the Bistro.  Like I said in my previous post, we have lots of banana peppers from the garden this year.  So I took some into work.  I slit the peppers on one side; removed the seeds and membrane; then stuffed them with a mixture of red onion, bell pepper, tomato, and jalapenos.  I was thinking about wrapping them in bacon and frying them for an appetizer, but Chef talked me out of it.  So we came up with Stuffed Banana Peppers and Pasta.  Two stuffed peppers breaded and fried; sprinkled with Mozzarella cheese and melted; served with marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese over linguine, and some toasted garlic bread.  They sold three orders Friday night.  Then when I was working last night we sold one.  It looked pretty good.  I took a picture of the stuffed peppers.  However, we were rather busy so I couldn't take a picture of the completed dish.  D'oh!  Hey, I have an idea...  You can go to the Black Bear Bistro tonight and ask for the stuffed peppers.  They are most likely running my special again.



Currently Listening
Popularity
by Jonezetta

No comments:

Post a Comment