Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hummus

I make hummus a lot at the Bistro.  They half-jokingly call me the hummus king.  I think I like to make hummus more than I like to eat it.  I mean, hummus is good, but it's not my favorite thing.  I like to make it because they are so many things you can do with it.  At work we have a recipe for a basic hummus.  We can leave it as it or an we can add stuff.  I like to experiment.  I think the best one I came up with yet was a black bean, grilled bell pepper and jalapeno hummus.  It was quite good.  The Greek style version I made a while back was pretty good too.

I made hummus here are the house yesterday.  It was a 2 bean banana pepper hummus.  The two beans being garbanzo and pinto.  We have an abundance of banana peppers from the garden this year so I added 3 smaller one to the hummus base.  They kinda packed a kick because the hummus turned out quite spicy.  It's good, but kinda hot.


Currently Listening
The Heart of War
by Jonah33

No comments:

Post a Comment