Sunday, January 15, 2012

Posole

I've been kind of slacking in my blogs lately, so I'm going to be catching up with a few blogs here.

I made Posole a while ago, Christmas eve actually.  We have a tradition of having soup every Christmas eve for dinner.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozole Go here if you don't know what Posole is.

First I cooked the pork.  Rubbed it with cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.  Layered on sliced onions, put a bit of water in the dish, covered it with foil and cooked it for approximately 5 hours.
When it was cooked and fork tender I strained the juices and shredded the meat.

Then it was on to making the soup.
Mise en place
Sauteed the onion and garlic until softened and translucent.
Then added the diced tomatoes.
Cooked that for a bit longer then added chicken stock, pinto beans, hominy, reserved pork juices, and the shredded pork.
Simmered that for 15 minutes or so and it was done.

We ate it with cheddar cheese, cilantro, lime wedges, and tortillas.
Garnish
It was oh so yummy!

Currently Listening
The Family Canvas
by Aneirin

No comments:

Post a Comment