Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

A couple weeks ago I made Beef Stir-Fry.  Tonight I made Chicken Stir-Fry.  Didn't use as many veggies as last time.  Didn't feel like running to the store and spending money, so I used what veg we had on hand; white and purple cabbage, celery, carrot, onion, and garlic.
Chopped that all up and sliced four chicken breasts.  Didn't use all the purple cabbage though.  That would have been a lot of cabbage.
My mise en place.
First I heated the wok, put a but of oil in it and cooked the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper.
After the chicken was cooked I took it out of the wok and drained the liquid, to be used later.  Then I got the veg working.  First the onion and garlic.
Then added the carrots.
Let that saute a bit then added soy sauce, put a lid on it and let it steam until the carrots were crisp-tender.  Then added the celery,
and lastly the cabbage.
I mixed cornstarch in with the reserved juice from cooking the chicken and added it to the wok.  I kinda added too much cornstarch and it was way too thick.  I had used the last of the soy sauce sauce so I poured in some Worcestershire.  Added the cooked chicken and it was done.
Served it atop freshly made rice.

Nom nom nom.  I love stir-fry.  So quick to make and so yummy.

Currently Listening
Untouchable
by Before Their Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment