Sunday, January 15, 2012

Broiled Whiting with Sweet Potato Crust and Vanilla Cream Sauce

A part of our new year's resolution to eat healthier includes eating more fish.  The other day I made an interesting fish dish, Broiled Whiting with Sweet Potato Crust.  First I made the sweet potato mixture; sweet potatoes mashed with lemon juice, orange juice but I substituted tangerine juice, butter, salt, and ginger.
The crust was made with Tryphena's home made graham crackers, roasted walnuts, and melted butter.
The fish.
I covered the fish with the sweet potato mixture and sprinkled on the crust.


It was interesting.  Good, but different.  I think the whiting was too mellow for the robust vanilla cream sauce.  The fish by itself was good, but the sauce kinda drowned it out when eaten together.  Oh well, wasn't bad for something different.

Currently Listening
Everyone
by Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment