Friday, June 3, 2011

Stuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole in the Crockpot

You may notice more and more slow cooker, aka crockpot, dinners coming from me in the future.  Main reason, the weather.  It's so hot outside and I don't want to heat up the house anymore by using the oven.  The crockpot is the solution.

In college I took a computer based cooking class.  We used this wonderful software called MasterCook.  I would recommend it to any chef, or just anybody who likes to cook.  I have version 9.0.  You can get it on Amazon for pretty cheap.  There are over 4,000 recipes in it I believe.  30 different cookbooks.  One of them is called No Hassle Crockpot Meals.  I browsed through that last night and found some goods ones that I want to make.  Look for them to come soon.

Last night I made Stuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole in the Crockpot.  I found the recipe of MasterCook, but I didn't really follow the recipe.  We didn't have enough regular cabbage, so I used Chinese Cabbage from the garden.
Browned off two pounds of beef,
added a quart of tomato sauce,
and a cup of freshly cooked rice,
Then I layered the cabbage with the meat sauce.
I was going to roll it like the recipe said, but because it wasn't regular cabbage so it wouldn't have worked.  D'oh!  Next time I will use regular cabbage and make real cabbage rolls.
I served it over some of the freshly cooked rice.  Let's just say it tasted way better than it looked.  Doesn't look so hot, but it was rather good.

Currently Listening
2011 Demo
by My Fictions

No comments:

Post a Comment