Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baked Beans

The other day I was hungry for baked beans.  So I found a recipe in MasterCook for Crockpot Baked Beans.  It went something like this.

I used Navy beans and Great White beans.
Chopped up a pound of bacon.  Yes, a pound of bacon.  I figured if I am going to make this unhealthy dish I might as well make it good.
Chopped up some fresh onion from the garden.
Put everything in the crockpot with a sauce of molasses, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Mixed it all up and let it do it's thing for several hours.
The finished product.
Now what goes better with this than hot dogs?  So Mom built a fire in the fire pit and I cooked some hot dogs.
The fire was super hot so the doggies got a little bit toasty.  Still good though.
Not much to look at.  Just camping food.  But it was so yummy.

Currently Listening
Winter
by Matthew McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment