Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken

Tonight for dinner I made Teriyaki Chicken.  I love teriyaki stuff, so Teriyaki Chicken must be great.  It was yet another hot day, so it was yet another crockpot meal.

I used chicken thighs.  Took the skin off of them and put them in the crockpot.
Made the teriyaki sauce*
and poured it over the chicken with the juice from canned pineapple.
After a few hours I put the pineapple chunks in with the chicken and let it cook another 20 minutes or so.
Mom cooked rice and steamed broccoli.
It was good.  Not great, just good.  Next time I think I will just make Sweet n Sour Chicken.  This was basically the same thing and whenever I have had Sweet n Sour Chicken it always tastes better than this stuff.

*You may have noticed that I don't give out the recipes for stuff that I post here.  There is a reason for that.  I am a chef and I don't believe in just giving away my recipes for free.  Yes, this teriyaki sauce is not really my recipe.  I didn't create it from scratch.  I just found it on MasterCook.  Still...let me explain it this way.  If I were to give away all my recipes then you could just make it at your house and not come to my restaurant to eat it.  Now, I realize I don't own my own restaurant yet, but the concept still applies.  Google is a wonderful thing if you want to recreate the stuff that I make here.  Just search for whatever it is I have made, and there will probably be plenty of recipes for it.  Now it won't be exactly like what I made, but it may be similar.

Currently Listening
The deliberatePeople. Album
by Phil Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment