Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spinach Lasagna

The other day, I made spinach lasagna for dinner.  I love lasagna.  Wanted to try something different though from the regular Five Cheese Lasagna that I make.  I've been wanting to try Spinach Lasagna, so that's what I did.

Thawed some frozen spinach.
Squeezed the liquid out of it by putting it in a towel and twisting the ends.  It works quite well.
Mixed together cottage cheese, freshly grated Mozzarella, eggs, the spinach, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Then I assembled the lasagna.  Some pizza sauce followed by noodles and the cheese mixture.
Repeated the layers twice and topped it with the last of the noodles, last bit of pizza sauce, and some reserved Mozzarella.
Then it was in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes.  I also made a salad
and baked some good old garlic bread from Target.  $2.04 for a big piece of garlic French bread, so I say that's a pretty good deal.
The yummy food.
It could have almost used a bit less spinach.  I should have chopped it too, I guess.  Oh, well.  Not bad for the first time making Spinach Lasagna.  I want to try making it with fresh, not frozen spinach.  See how that compares to this.

Currently Listening
Oldies. I'm blogging from my place of work, and the oldies are playing over the speakers. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment