Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pan Fried Porterhouse Steaks with a Baked Potato and Harvard Beets

The other night I made steaks for dinner.  It was raining pretty much all day, so it was soggy outside.  Didn't really feel like dragging the grill outside, so I pan fried them.  First of all, I made baked potatoes.  Wrapped them in foil with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper.  Then put them in the oven for an hour or so.
I was thinking about just heating up some green beans or something, then I remember the red beets that Todd is famous for at work.  Honey Ginger Beets I think it is.  I was going to make those, then Mom suggested Harvard Beets.  So that's what I made.  Got some beets from the garden and scrubbed them good.
Put them in a pot, covered them with water, and cooked them until soft.
Then I made the sauce.  It's like a sweet and sour sauce made from sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, and water.
Then I got the steaks cooking.  Fried them in iron skillets, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
Mom sliced the beets, because I was cooking the steaks, and put them in the sauce.  The beets made the sauce a nice red, almost pink.





The finished product.
It was good.  The beets were okay, I guess.  I don't really like beets.  Made this way they were pretty good.  Didn't have so much of an earthy taste.

Currently Listening
The Frozen Ocean
by The Frozen Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment