Monday, August 29, 2011

Meatloaf

Tonight for dinner I made meatloaf.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might remember when I made meatloaf before, and the "tricks" that I use to make it.

For the veggies in the meatloaf, I used 2 peppers from the garden and 2 small onions.
Chopped it up and sauteed it.  Most people don't do this when making meatloaf.  It is an important step in taking your meatloaf from ordinary to extraordinary.  I just realized I didn't take a picture of the veggies sauteing.  Oh, well.
I mixed the sauteed veg in with some pizza sauce, salt, pepper, and oatmeal.
Then I mixed in the meat, with my hands, yes.  You can't mix meatloaf well without using your hands.  It's messy, but it works so good.
Then I formed the meat in a pan.  Notice how I didn't cram the meat down into the pan.  I formed it in a long mound.  This is another step to taking your meatloaf from ordinary to extraordinary.  I could have even used a bigger pan so it would have been totally free standing.  Oh, well.
The cooked meatloaf.
Notice that junky stuff and grease that formed around the sides.  A lot of that would have been cooked in the meat if I had crammed it down into the pan.

I heated up some potatoes and green beans to go along with the meatloaf.
Yum, yum, yum!

Currently Listening
Cities
by Great Awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment