Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken Stir-Fry

Tonight for dinner I made stir-fry.  Used two big chicken breasts.
Cut them in strips and marinated them in soy sauce while I was getting the veggies cut.
The veggies I used was red and green bell pepper, some sort of green chili, broccoli, carrot, cabbage, onion, and garlic.
The veg sliced.
I made a sauce from chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch.

Then it was time to stir-fry.  We don't have a wok so I just used a big pot.  First I heated veggie oil and sauteed the garlic and onion.
Then added the chicken and cooked it until done, or almost done.
Added the carrots and cooked them a few minutes, because they were the hardest veg.
Then added the broccoli and cooked it a few more minutes.
Added the peppers and cabbage last, and let it cook for a few more minutes.
When the veg was almost cooked through, tender-crisp I guess you would say, I poured in the sauce and let it cook until thickened.
I also made rice to eat with it.
Yum.  I love stir-fry.

Currently Listening
Horseshoes & Handgrenades
by Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment