Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pot Roast w/ Mash and Caesar Salad

Mom had a roast thawing in the fridge the past couple days.  I worked this morning so the deal was if Mom got the roast going in the crock pot I would make the rest of the meal.  What goes with pot roast better than mashed potatoes?  Nothing really.  So I whipped up a batch.  I was feeling dangerous and used both white potatoes and sweet potatoes for a blended mash.  I didn't feel like cooking any vegetables, so I made Caesar salad for our greens.  I made the dressing from scratch and used fresh lettuce from the garden that Mom picked.  Also made croutons for the salad, because croutons go with Caesar of course.  Oh, and I made gravy from the very rich broth from the crock pot.  Thinned it out with water so it wasn't so rich, then thickened it and added some spices.  Garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and basil I think it what I used.  It was good.  Everything was yummy!


Currently Listening
Capture
by Sleeping At Last

No comments:

Post a Comment