Friday, May 13, 2011

BBQ Meatballs and Oven Fries

I have been wanting to use up the last of my BBQ sauce that I have left, because  I am going to change the recipe.  So I decided to make BBQ meatballs last night.  Meatballs that you buy in the store are okay.  I eat them. They are good.  Nothing compares to homemade meatballs however.  I used a recipe that Mom usually uses and it always turns out great.  Used 2 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of ground turkey.  Mixed it together with crushed up oatmeal and some spices.  Then I portioned them out, poured the BBQ sauce over them, and baked it for about an hour.  I was thinking about making mashed potatoes to go with it, but we just had that the other night with the pot roast.  So I made oven fries instead.  Cut some potatoes in strips and mixed them with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, and thyme.  Baked them for about 20 minutes then painstakingly flipped every one of them over and baked them for another 10 minutes/  My hard work paid off and they turned out great.  Crispy on both sides.  The meatballs were fabulous if I can say so myself.  I also made a spinach and strawberry salad with a sesame seed vinaigrette.  It was okay.  I'm not really a fan of vinaigrettes though.
Messy, messy. Maybe I should have chilled the meat, but I didn't have enough time.
Ready for BBQ sauce then the oven.
Fries
Meatballs after coming out of the oven.
Spinach and strawberry salad
Yum yum!

Currently Listening

My Hands, My Greedy Hands
by Sophia

1 comment: