Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sweet n Sour Chicken Stir-Fry

My mom had some chicken thawing in the fridge overnight so I decided to use that for dinner tonight.  I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head what to make.  Mom suggested roasted chicken with garlic sauce.  I shrugged that one off.  I mean, that's good stuff, but I wasn't in the mood to make that.  She suggested just plain roasted chicken.  Again I shrugged it off.  Plain roasted chicken is good, but I was wanting to make something other than that.  Then I suggested some sort of stir-fry.  I love stir-fry.  So she got out the recipe for Sweet n Sour Chicken.  Yum!

I made a sauce with brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, water, pineapple juice, and cornstarch (for thickening).  Then sliced some bell peppers and onion.  Sliced the chicken and stir-fried it.  Added the vegetables and stir-fried it all until the veggies were tender.  Then added the sauce and let it simmer for a while.  We ate it over rice.  Was quite good.  I think I will eat some of the leftovers tomorrow.

Currently Listening

The Best Worst-Case Scenario
by Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment