Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Corned Beef - Part Two

Yesterday was time to eat the corned beef that had been brining for a week.  My mom actually cooked it because I had to work in the evening.  She cooked it like I did the last two times.

Take it out of the brine, rinse it good, and put it in a large pot with celery, onion, and garlic.  Cover with cold water and simmer for 2 and a half hours.  Then add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage and cook for another hour.  It is wonderful stuff!  I don't know what I'm going to do without corned beef when I become a vegetarian.

Currently Listening

I'll Tell the World
by Ever Stays Red




3 comments:

Rachel said...
Sounds delicious! Got any leftovers? XD "Become a vegetarian," eh?
Andrew Schrock said...
No leftovers. Leftover corned beef doesn't last long in this house. Become a vegetarian...yes! I wanna do it. Reading the book "Fast Food Nation" and going to college made me realize how nasty a lot of meat is. It kinda isn't practical right now because I still live at home and dealing with just one vegetarian would be a hassle. Then again...I do fend for myself a lot since I work so much...and I cook here at the house on most of my off days. Hmm... I wanna go for it.
Rachel said...
Awww... =( Interesting. I love meat too much to go vegetarian, so I think I will stay in my blissful ignorance... but good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment