Wednesday, November 2, 2011

White Chicken Chili

Colder weather calls for chili, so for dinner tonight I made White Chicken Chili.  It's not what you typically think of when you think of chili.  It doesn't have any chili powder, instead you use green chilies, and it's white, hence the name.

I didn't have any of the store bought green chili stuff, so I used peppers from the garden, Jalapenos and Hungarian Wax.  Diced that and a large onion.
I diced two chicken breasts and sauteed that a bit.
Then I added the diced veg.
Sauteed that some more then added chicken stock, Great White Northern beans, salt, cumin, oregano, and black pepper.
I had to go to work so I put the concoction in the crock pot until they were ready to eat.
Mom finished the chili then by stirring in sour cream right before they ate it.  I think she may have added a bit much because it was kinda soupy, not really chili like.  It was still good though.  Much good.
Even with five Jalapenos in it it wasn't spicy at all.  I added crushed red pepper to mine to make it spicier.  It was good.

Currently Listening
Rituals of Life
by Stretch Arm Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment