Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vietnamese Fish Curry

We had some fish to do something with for dinner tonight.  At first I was thinking about fish chowder, but then I though of my love for Vietnamese food.  Wondered if there is anything like Fish Pho.  Looked online and I guess there is not.  So then I looked for more Vietnamese fish recipes.  I came across this curry thing over rice noodles that looked to be good and quite healthy at that.  So I made it.  Had to make a run to Wegmans for the noodles and sprouts.  I don't usually make ethnic food, so when I do I don't mind running to get some stuff I need.

First I made the sauce that was to go over the noodles and also a salad that I was going to make.  The sauce is called Nuoc tron.  It is made with sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and chilies.
I minced the garlic and thinly sliced the chilies...didn't have any Thai chilies so I used a jalapeno.  Combined everything and mixed it well until the sugar was dissolved.
The fish I used was Whiting.  I cut it into small pieces that put it in a pot with sliced jalapeno, lime juice, fish sauce, and coriander.  Poured some water over it, put the lid on and let it steam until it was opaque.
The finished product.  Fish set over rice noodles with said sauce and sprouts.
The salad was just Romaine with sprouts and grated carrot.  It was good with some of that sauce sprinkled on top.
This make me want to eat at Pho Gourmet in Manassas again.  I love that place.  Have not been there in far too long.  This what I made was good, but it was nowhere near as good as real Vietnamese cooking.  I am going to say that Vietnamese is my favorite ethic cuisine.

Currently Listening
Community Group
by Jonathan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment