Monday, November 14, 2011

Meatball and Sweet Potato Stew

Tonight for dinner I made stew.  It was a bit cold today, so stew was a good thing.  Meatball and Sweet Potato Stew.  I like meatballs and sweet potatoes so it would surely be good.

I used a large onion, six carrots, and sweet potatoes.  Traditionally you use white potatoes in stew, but I used sweet potatoes instead. because that's what I do.
 Chopped the onion and carrots and got them sauteing while I cut the potato.
Then added the sweet potato, meatballs, oregano, thyme, parsley, ketchup, some water, and tomato juice.
Let that simmer on the stove for a few hours until all the veg was soft.

When we were soon ready to eat I made garlic bread.


It was quite good.  Very flavorful.  The sweet potatoes gave it a different, but very good touch.

Currently Listening
Two Conversations
by The Appleseed Cast

No comments:

Post a Comment