Friday, October 14, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

The main thing for dinner tonight was going to be sweet potato fries.  I love sweet potatoes fries, if they are done right that is.  There was some chicken to do something with, so I made chicken noodle soup.  Soup and sweet potatoes fries; I might not be able to get away with that pairing at work, but this is not work.  This is Can You Smell What The Schock Is Cookin'?  I do what I want here.

First I cut the potatoes into big strips and soaked them in water a couple hours remove the starch.  Hmm, do sweet potatoes have that much starch though?  I mean, they aren't like regular potatoes.  Whenever I soak regular potatoes in water you can see the starch sitting on the bottom after a while.  Not so much with sweet potatoes.  Anyway, pictures.
Then I drained the potatoes, and sprinkled them with oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and cayenne pepper.  Laid them out on trays and put the in the oven at 400° while I got the soup working.
Now I mentioned that I like sweet potatoes if they are done the right way.  This is the right way.  I don't like those french fry cut deep fried sweet potatoes.  They just fry up to a crisp and stick in your teeth.  Baking thick cut sweet potato fries leaves them softer and they don't gum up in your mouth and stick to your teeth.

For the soup I cut carrots,
diced chicken breasts,
and put it in a pot with chicken stock, corn cob stock, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Cooked that until the chicken was done and the carrots were cooked a bit then added fusilli pasta
and canned corn (not pictures).

The finished product.
Nom nom nom.
Currently Listening
Major/Minor
by Thrice

No comments:

Post a Comment