Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beef Tongue

So last night after we got home from church my neighbor/cousin Jerry was coming out of the house and said that he dropped off some goodies for us.  The goodies turned out to be a lot of beef liver, a heart, and a tongue.  So last night I cooked the tongue in the crock pot.  Covered it with water, added salt, a bit of sugar, lots of fresh garlic, onion, and some carrot.  I let it cook on low for at least 12 hours.  A bit ago I took it out of the crock pot, took the skin off, and sliced it.  Man, it is good.  Very good.  Now I need to make a sandwich out of it.  Beef tongue burrito or something.


Currently Listening
I Stole the Morning Sun
by Andy Zipf




1 comments:

Joyce St John said...
ooowwww that looks good.Did the rest of the family like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment