Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Salmon Cake Dinner

Tonight for dinner I made salmon cakes.  First I thought about making salmon cakes and eating them as sandwiches, but then I decided to go more the actual dinner route and make rice and steam broccoli to go with it.  We do something like that at work.

So for the salmon cakes I put them in a pot with water, salt, and lemon juice then steamed them about five minutes until they were flaky.
 Then I mixed it together with two eggs, parsley, pepper, some Worcestershire, a bit of milk, and crushed up oatmeal.
Then I formed them into patties.  Normally I would make them 4 oz each but because I wanted two per person, and their is 7 of us, I had to make them 2.5 oz each.
I made two different sauce to go with the cakes.  Cream Honey Mustard and Horseradish Cream Sauce.  Made the honey mustard with a bit of Dijon, a bit of cream, lots of honey and homemade mustard.  Yup yup.  Home made mustard.  It's so good.
While the rice was cooking and the broccoli was steaming I fried the cakes.
It was good.  I didn't have any of the horseradish sauce because I'm not really a fan of it.  Honey mustard is more my thing.
I think I put in too much crushed oatmeal.  The cakes were a bit too dry.  Bummers.  Now I know for next time to put in less.

Currently Listening
La Dispute Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment