Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicken with Garlic Cream Sauce, Risotto, and Honey Ginger Carrots

   The other day I got some chicken out of the freezer and put it in the oven for dinner.  I made a garlic cream sauce for it.  The sauce consists of garlic minced and cooked in butter, cream cheese, and chicken stock.  It made the whole house smell like garlic.  I like it.
   I made risotto for the first time.  We have made it at the Bistro before, but I never made it at home.  I looked online and found a recipe for creamy risotto.  It turned out pretty good I think.
   For the vegetable and cut some carrots, blanched them, then sauteed them with oil, honey, and ginger powder.  It was supposed to be honey ginger carrots, but didn't really taste like it.  They were good, though.  More sweet than anything.
   Mom made a salad.  It was a good dinner.  I should have though about it though...white chicken, white cream sauce, and white risotto.  White, white, white.  Oh, well.  The carrots added color.  Dad hates garlic, or so he says.  He loved the chicken with garlic cream sauce.  Said it was the best stuff I have made in a while and when I open my own restaurant it needs to be on the menu.  Okay, I have an idea.  Somebody buy Napoleon's for me, renovate it, and let me open a restaurant/music club there.  Haha!  I'm joking.


Currently Listening
We Both Was Young
by Mark Mathis

No comments:

Post a Comment