Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pizza 4-16-11

I had the day off from work today, so I made our Saturday tradition, pizza.  Now, we make pizza every Saturday.  We always make a supreme of sorts.  The second pizza is something else like chicken and ranch, or what we have been doing lately, Hawaiian.  All this is good, but I was feeling we needed something different for this week.  I made one of the supreme version with sausage, onion, peppers, pepperoni, and cheese.  Mom suggested a potato and bacon for the second one.  She saw it online recently and copied it down.  Sliced baked potato, bacon, onion, peppers, and cheese.  They were good.  Much good.  The potato and bacon was different, but much good.  I am now going to search out different pizza versions and make them Saturdays.

I made the crust from scratch.  Halfway through making it I realized that I was supposed to have doubled the recipe.  Uh oh!  The dough wasn't mixing right in the mixer either.  Maybe because it was just a small batch.  So, with Mom's help, we fixed it.  It was a pain in the neck.  I hate baking.  We got the yeast working in a separate container, then added it to the mixer.  Mixed that up, and then added the rest of the flour.  It actually turned out good.  Real good.  However, I still hate working with dough.  I will still work with doughs and bake stuff, because I want to master it, but for now...I HATE BAKING!!

Supreme
Potato and bacon
Currently Listening
The Far Country
by Andrew Peterson

1 comment:

  1. Sounds YUM and looks even better. By the way keep working that dough and I'll bet you end up loving to work with it. I used to hate it too, but love homemade rolls and bread, but I got so tired of failures. I told Grandma that I gave up on making good bread. She told me I just need a good recipe. She gave me her good whole wheat bread recipe made with honey and I've been baking all kinds of yeasty things since. And love it! :>)

    ReplyDelete