Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pies

This week I once again tried my hand at my nemesis, baking pies.  First I made a shoofly pie.  Since I can't make regular pie crust, I used a crust recipe that said to mix it right in the pan and then press it into shape around the pan.  Um, it didn't really work.  The pie tasted okay, but the crust was too soggy.  I also made two graham cracker crust and baked them.  The next day I used them for a peanut butter pie and a butterscotch pie.  They are good.  The crust is good.  I kinda put in a little bit of cinnamon in the crust mixture.  I was wondering if anybody would notice, and of course Mom said something about it.  Haha!  I think it tastes okay, though.  It's a little twist on peanut butter and butterscotch pies.  I still must learn how to make a real pastry pie crust.  Next time I will use a different recipe, not the kind that you mix in the pan.  I think I would actually enjoy baking if I could learn how do it right and not have everything flop.


Shoofly pie

Butterscotch pie
Peanut butter pie
Currently Listening
Reset & Rewind
by Manic Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment