Friday, August 31, 2012

Beef Jerky

I have been wanting to make my own beef jerky for a while.  I never did it because I was not keen on trying to dry it in the oven.  When we bout our dehydrator a while back, that eliminated that obstacle.  So the other day I made beef jerky.

Too a sirloin steak,

cleaned the fat and stuff from it and sliced it thin, approximately 1/4 inch.

Made a teriyaki marinade, poured it over the strips, and let it do it's thing overnight.

In the morning I took it out of the marinade, dried it off, and loaded it into the dehydrator and turned it to 155 degrees.

Six hours later I had my very own, homemade, no bad preservative added, beef jerky.

The picture doesn't do it justice.  It is very nomalicous.

Currently Listening
Free Me
by All India Radio


No comments:

Post a Comment